Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Dreads are a do, life is too

I don't think I've posted very much about myself here at all, so. I have green hair and I am in the process of giving myself dreadlocks (which is a dreadful process, let me tell you). I've read 1984 at least fourteen times, my current reading list includes The Fault In Our Stars by John Green, The Cottagers' Daughter, 1984 by George Orwell(yes, again), Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte, Out of Africa by Isak Dinesen, The Subtle Knife by Philip Pullman & Dirt Music by Tim Winton. I have seen every Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers movie, and also Easter Parade and Silk Stockings. I can't say much for my musical or artistic aptitude or talent because I've never been a very good judge of my own creativity. I can tell you that I draw and write songs and I will always continue to do so because I'm not quite sure what else I could ever do, no matter how shitty my art is it's mine. 

My brother is an artist, my mother was a dancer, my father's a musician, and I'm just me. Maybe someday I'll be able to slap a label on myself with the same kind of confidence I put into labeling them, but for now I suppose I have to be okay with doing what I do and living how I live. Because what else can you do in life? Even when you change it, it's still your life. When it's not your life anymore, well that, that is death. You might as well live and see what happens. You're going to die eventually, why not see what else is going to happen while you're here?

~
"If you're not failing every now and again, it's a sign you're not doing anything very innovative." 
--Woody Allen
~











No comments:

Post a Comment